Thursday, November 13, 2008

Double Croup!!

Well, it is officially 1:00am Friday morning! Chad and I have been up for the last hour with MacKenna. She has full blown croup and sounds like a barking seal. This time last weekend the kids were with Aunt Kayla in Midland and we had to make a middle of the night trip there because Gage woke up with croup and landed himself in the E.R. MacKenna is back to bed now, but I am up listening to her on the monitor for a while just to make sure she doesn't get worse. We have done it all tonight......steamed up the bathroom and hung out in there for a while, then we went outside all bundled up to breath the cool air while Chad went to get another humidifier (cause the one we have is in use in Gage's room), and we did a few breathing treatments. So after all of that and several prayers along the way I hope she can get some rest tonight.

This is a little off the subject, but I am just sitting here thinking how different mommy's and daddy's are. We have been up the past hour listening to Mac wheeze and have difficulty breathing and doing everything to treat it......I now after all of that am still sitting up listening to her on the monitor just to make sure. I just can't roll over and go to sleep, (unlike Chad who is snoring so stinkin' loud right now). A snore that loud seems like it should hurt? Now don't get me wrong.....Chad is a wonderful daddy and amazes me with the kids, it's just that mommy's can't do that.


***Ok I am cracking up now, because he just woke himself up snoring and sat up to wipe the slobber off his face....haa! We have only been in bed for about 20 minutes tops! That's great! Sorry to make fun of you Chad.....it is just really funny! I love ya.

I am going to go check on her one more time and try to get some sleep myself. Say a prayer she will fell better soon.
Funny she is smiling because she loved the mask!
She watched Gage wear it all
week and she thinks it is her turn!

2 comments:

The Pence Family said...

awww poor kids and poor parents...i do get where you come from, i guess the guys figure we have it handled so they can sleep and not worry about anything rusty does the same thing....i hate that they got this but at least its not at thanksgiving or christmas where most places are closed....rustin got his 2 years ago during christmas....well i hope they feel better soon and that you and chad don't get it...we will be praying for you guys...hollar at me if you need anything...

H Noble said...

Sorry your little ones are sick! Hope they are all better soon, and you can all get some rest.

I do think its cute that the mask is a face. Eli's was just a plain old clear thing- tiny, b/c he was 2 months old when we had to have it!