Monday, December 1, 2008

Shaaaaane.....Shaaaaane!




We had a great Thanksgiving this year! Uncle Shane was home from Colorado and to say that the kids were excited to see him as a huge understatement!! It took him all of 5 minutes to win MacKenna over....again! She would not let him out of her sight. He stayed with us a few days before Thanksgiving and Mac would wake up in the morning and yell "Shaaaane" from her crib. We went to Chad's parents in Midland on Wednesday and enjoyed time with all of the family.

(we got home yesterday and everytime I have told MacKenna no, she says "Shaaaane." ) Thank you for making her rotten Shane!

Shane fit just perfect in our backseat....can't you tell?

I did a little Black Friday shopping and got a few things for the kids for Christmas. I am hoping this week Gage can help me clean out some of the old toys and make room for a few new ones. I love the Holiday Season and am so thankful for all of our family, health, and most of all God's love! His Mercy is new everyday and His grace is sufficient! It is exciting this year, because Gage is old enough now that he can understand Christmas. I don't mind our kids thinking there is a Santa and he brings them presents, I just want that to be in the shadow of the real reason we celebrate Christmas. I want them to know the story of Jesus and His birth. I want them to know that He gave them the best gift of all! So this year I want to acknowledge Him in everything we do that prepares for Christmas. We will start today with putting up the tree! I am excited to do this with the kids....(I will have to remind myself of that later when they have every thing strung across the living room and I have said be careful that can break over 100 times!)


Here are a few pictures I took over Thanksgiving!




3 comments:

The Pence Family said...

oh how exciting when they get to see their uncles...and it sounds like ya'll had a busy thanksgiving....i agree with you on the whole santa thing....christmas isn't about santa but christ....love the pictures and glad that you guys are back....

H Noble said...

Great pictures! Glad you had a good time and that is so funny about Shane. I made Eli mad the other night by getting him out of the tub before he was done playing and he was crying "nana nana nana!". My mom had just been there the day before and he knew!

Jennifer-Colley said...

I love her curls! She is such a cutie!