Sunday, April 12, 2009

Conversations....



Yesterday we were in the car coming home from Walmart, where we had bought the stuff to color eggs, and I decided to ask Gage if he knew what Easter was all about. He said, "eggs".......that is exactly what I thought he might say. So, in the car on the way home I told him about Jesus dying on the cross for the things we do that hurt Him and how he loved us so much to do that. I told Gage how they drove nails into His hands and feet. Last, I told him how on the 3rd day our Savior rose again to live in heaven with His father until He returns to take us with Him. It was a memory I will forever have of Gage. We tell Him about Jesus all the time and how much He loves us and how He wants to live in our hearts, but this was a special conversation that I hope planted a seed in his little heart that He will never forget!

So on that note, I hope everyone had a great Easter and never takes for granted the moments you have to teach your children about our Lord and His goodness!

Proverbs 22:6 says Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

diggin' for eggs?? sorry.....I couldn't resist!

2 comments:

The Pence Family said...

awwww how sweet and we can't wait to tell our kids about how christ saved all of us...the kids looked great..glad ya'll had a great easter..

H Noble said...

Yea for the wonderful conversation!!! God is so good to us and I pray that he helps us all raise our kids to honor him and to truly understand what salvation means.

Oh, and your kids are gorgeous and could be models!