Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Enjoying the Journey

Both kids are napping so I thought I might add a few pictures, because I have nothing else to do right? Ha! Yea right! It's funny today I was rushing Gage and MacKenna around so we could go run a few errands and they were poking along as usual. We got in and out of the car several times and I felt like I just kept saying, "Hurry up Gage" or "hurry up Mac." One time I told Gage to come on and he said, "Gosh mom, why do we have to hurry? I am just trying to look at some rocks and stuff." In that moment something hit me and I began to see what Gage was saying. Sometimes God uses 3 year olds to send us a message. So often we rush around and rush through life, we are so focused on the destination and we forget about enjoying the journey. So thanks to Gage, today I have slowed down and tried to enjoy the journey. We took our time running the rest of the errands and you know it was much more enjoyable! Here are just a few pictures from the past few weeks....enjoy!














2 comments:

Amanda said...

I agree about MySpace...I did the same thing. :)
You're kiddos are too cute! I love the picture where they are both looking away from the camera...they like they go caught trying to sneak in those treats and are trying to look innocent. :) Adorable!

H Noble said...

Love the polka dot tights! Adorable!
Kids do put things in perspective for sure. Mine's not talking yet, but he makes me remember every day what I'm thankful for.