Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I WON!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited!!! So several weeks ago, I looked into going to a photography workshop hosted by Lubbock's Lauren Clark and 3 other excellent photographers.......however, the $3000 it cost (not including air fair) was no where near possible for me. They did offer a scholarship to one individual. You had to do a series of silly things like add them on facebook, send a tweeter, post a blog about Love Affair, ect....you get the point. For every thing you did, your name was entered in the drawing once. It was possible to have your name entered 42 times, I did enough to have my entered 15......which I thought was a hopeless cause!! So today posted live on their blog.......IS MY NAME!!!!! I WON!!! So in July I will head out to Atlanta!

The great part about this story is that over the past several weeks, I have become a bit discouraged. Things are picking up with my photography business, but it is hard getting your name out there. I really started seeking God's help. Photography is consuming a lot of my time (and money), so I want to make sure that it is what the Lord wants me doing! No sense in wasting all my time if it is not in His will....right? I have been asking Him to confirm that this is indeed the direction I should be going, and today when I read my name on that website, I was reminded that He really is listening everytime we whisper His name! He is so good to us all of the time!

So greatful today!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, I'd love to learn a few things about the camera from those girls.

The Mellberg Family said...

Sorry, that post was from me. I was still signed in to our SPC youtube page.

The Pence Family said...

oh my goodness...i'm so excited for you...i hope you have fun and learn sooooooo much...again congrats

H Noble said...

That's awesome Amanda- I'm so glad God gave you such an amazing encouragement right when you needed it. Isn't he great?